Lyrics, poems, prose,
Sometimes, Heaven knows.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

The last word

You always had to get the last word in, didn’t you?
You have to prove yourself right because maybe you were wrong before, is that it?
You said you knew I loved you and you said you loved me and I knew it was the truth.
And we loved across the miles,
But you’ve got to admit, we loved best in each other’s arms.
Even though you said the distance wouldn’t matter with our love, based in the ethers as we are.
And I’ve got to admit, loves grows and glows in the ethers.
Your blue eyes always saved their sadness even when you proved your joy.
I loved you from the center of me. Why couldn’t that have been enough?
You said you were dying. 
I said we all are.  I accused you of focusing on death and avoiding life.
I said don’t talk about it. 
And the center of me dimmed a bit.
And what did you do?
You died.
You always had to get the last word in, didn’t you?
Did it have to be goodbye?









No comments:

Post a Comment