Lyrics, poems, prose,
Sometimes, Heaven knows.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bad

I'm tired of whining about being tired.
Afraid to go to work, afraid of being fired.
Who said I was entitled to just feel good?
Who said things would work out as they should?

This isn't a fairy tale where the good guys win
Too often it's over before it begins
And those of us who work are left with the shit
Of those of us who choose to quit.

It ain't me, Babe.  Sure as hell ain't me.
Some things I've seen I can't unsee
They take up space within my brain
And I'm left with only jumbled pain.

Give me beads, prayers ready made
To make my sick frustrations fade.
Bring me a god to give relief
And suspend my disbelief.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my poem. I can relate to this poem and I love the last stanza. The last stanza feels like something I'd be saying right about now. :)
    I also like the fact that the rhyme isn't obtrusive, its there but it doesn't leave you reading the poem in a singsong manner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. prayers....

    well expressed sentiments, simply smile, enjoy life.

    best wishes, your talent rocks, carry pride and feel confident.
    we love you.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings:

    Thanks a lot for your contribution to Jingle Poetry, hope to see you share your poetry with us …

    Always, your input is valued…
    Happy Sunday!
    Love, xx

    ReplyDelete